One of my favorite parts about going on vacation is getting to experiment with different restaurants. Since I have been going to Sanibel & Captiva for my entire life, I have definitely racked up a long list of favorites.
The Island Cow is a must-see when visiting. Their long menu offers something for everyone (and the funfetti muffins you get at the table are definitely not hurting anyone...) and the bright decor makes it a fun atmosphere that you would expect when visiting an island. They have indoor and outdoor seating and finding all of the cow spots and various cow memorabilia is super fun. The service and food are always on point, and I've even branched out and tried alligator bites once! Surprisingly, they were quite delish!
Doc Ford's Rhum Bar and Grille is hands down my favorite "bar" on the island. It offers TONS of televisions for nights where sporting events are plentiful, and the food is to die for! Since I don't eat seafood (I know, ridiculous), I am always happy to visit a restaurant on an island that has delicious food for us land-lovers. This is the perfect place to come watch the game, gab with your friends & family, and finish off some delicious rum drinks!
I have always been a huge fan of Sunday Brunch. The Green Flash on Captiva Island lives up to all of my "brunching in NYC" expectations while providing an amazing backdrop on the water. The dinner menu offers high quality cuts of meat, sandwiches, and even something for the kids, but the brunch really shines through. We always visit here on special occasions, like last year for Easter Brunch
Nestled behind thick foliage, The Lazy Flamingo has by far the best chicken wings and fries I've ever had. This place is a complete dive, I'm not even going to lie about that, but, the food is delicious, the atmosphere is super fun, and it is c.h.e.a.p! The menu is definitely limited, but we go for the wings. They are just the best!
And when you've stuffed yourself with delicious food, one last stop before you head home must be Chocolate Expressions in Periwinkle Place! I swear my brother and I have probably put the owners' kids through college, but we can't pass it up! My favorite? A scoop of chocolate peanut butter, and a scoop of cookies and cream. Little brother sticks to a cookies and cream milk shake every single time. It's the only ice cream place we'll eat at on the island, but, I've heard rumors of a new froyo place opening somewhere around here that I'd eventually like to try!
Have y'all ever been to Sanibel before?
Where are your favorite places to eat!?







I love that your family takes this vacation every year. I'm sure you have a ton of great memories. I've never been to Sanibel...maybe I should add that to the list of places I would like to go:)
ReplyDelete