The month of September provided a ton of clarity for me.
Once I realized what I was going after, I decided to make some mini goals for myself that would be achieved sooner rather than later.
They were;
Computer off and put away by 10pm.
Read for an hour every night.
Charge phone downstairs instead of next to my bed.
Go for a run before work a few times a week (aka more than one).
So here's how I've checked out on them;
Computer off and put away by 10pm: pass. On nights where I know I have to be up super early, I am in bed without my computer by 10pm. This gives me time to unwind before I hit the hay.
Read for an hour every night: fail. I am so tired at night, I just don't have the energy. I do know that I sleep SO much better when I take the time to read, so I really need to get back on that track this month.
Charge phone downstairs instead of next to my bed: fail. I am completely guilty of getting overly excited about e-mails and text messages lately, and get super anxious if my phone is downstairs. Maybe I just need to turn my phone off and use a real alarm clock instead of having the temptation of it being right there.
Go for a run before work a few times a week: pass. I joined a gym a few weeks ago and have been loving working out! Maybe I'm not running 4x a week, but I am cross training and taking classes which in the long run (ha, no pun intended) is going to be way more beneficial than just hitting the pavement for a few miles before work.
50% success rate isn't too bad, right?
Goals for October:
Try new classes at the gym.
Workout every day that I work.
Read 3 books.
Go out a few times (really, just more than once).
Try 3 new dinner recipes.
What do you want to accomplish this month?




I love that you made goals too! I need to do the computer turned off goal and the run (but it will be a huge accomplishment if I even run once a week) goal as well. On a completely unrelated note, we got the trunk show resort line items today from another store and HOLY MOLEY I just about died from excitement!
ReplyDeleteWe always have such similar goals! I want to try new recipes too.
ReplyDelete