Monday, October 15, 2012

Show & Tell!

I came across the most adorable blog the other day, From Mrs. to Mama.
I have loved reading this link-up for a while now, and this seemed like such a fun topic. 
Head on over to Becky's blog to link up to show and tell!

1. When you were 17, tell us what kind of car you drive, where you worked, and what you were usually up to on the weekends. Ah, when I was 17 I drove a '93 Toyota Camry. Her name was Granny Gold and I loved her till the day she died.
It actually was my Grandma's car, and that would be me at age 5 when she bought the car! I worked as a nanny to 3 awesome kids who I still love (even though they're all "old" now) and keep in touch with (Facebook is a great thing). On the weekends? I was such a loser. Usually stayed home, but babysat a lot, and occasionally went out with my friends. I had a really small group of girlfriends who were super close, but, we weren't really the "crazy" type.

2. Show us a picture of you when you were 17 {roughly}. This was at graduation, so I guess I was 18, but I can't seem to find any pictures from earlier. I guess that is because we didn't have digital cameras until I graduated from High School...

3. When you were 17, tell us what you wanted to be when you "grew up." I wanted to be an Orthopedic Surgeon! During the summer of 2005 I went to a leadership conference in San Francisco that was all about medicine and all of the careers that went along with it. I fell in love with the field (and am still definitely intrigued by it), and thought that Medical School was where I wanted to be within the  next 10 years!

4. When you were 17, tell us the kind of boys that you dated. Did you have a type? Do you have a relationship you remember well? Tell us about it. Well, my HS was tiny. I'm talking around 400 kids total in grades 9-12. The entire district had less than 1200 kids, and 99% of us had gone to school with one another since Kindergarten. People didn't date too much, because we all knew each other when we were eating crayons and peeing our diapers. There were boys that I thought were cute, of course, I remember having some crushes, but I can honestly say that I can remember a total of 3 couples in my entire graduating class. So no, there were no boys in HS.

5. When you were 17, tell us where you pictured your life 10 years from then. Did it turn out the way you expected it to? I know that when I was 17, I thought that I would be friends with my girlfriends for forever. That definitely didn't happen, and they weren't the greatest friends in the world, so it is really of no loss to me. I knew that I wanted to go to a huge school in the south, join a sorority, and live happily ever after. The huge southern school and the sorority thing happened, but I'm still working on the happily ever after part. No, I'm not headed to medical school like I planned, but I have a great job that I want to grow with. Although it hasn't been 10 years since I turned 17, I hope that within the next 2-3 years I can get more serious on the "happily ever after" and live out the rest of my little dream!

What were you like at 17?
Definitely a crazy trip down memory lane!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post! I love getting to know you and hearing what you have to say!

 
site design by designer blogs