Monday, October 1, 2012

September Reads.

With work being insane, I didn't have a ton of time to dedicate to my Kindle last month.
By the time I would get through a chapter, my eyes would be closed and a few hours later I would wake up and find the Kindle somewhere around the bed.

I did finish two books (and hopefully with my upcoming trip, will get a ton more reading done since I wont be utterly exhausted every night).


This lighthearted (really predictable) book about a girl who has an uber-crush on her best friend's brother (as if the title didn't give that away...). It was cute, but I probably would not have wasted my time reading this. I could call every single move within the book, but I guess it wasn't too horrible considering I ended up finishing all 250 pages.

Synopsis from GoodReads:
Libby has been in love with Tony Marchetti since she was seven years old. The problem? Tony is her best friend's older brother. Lately Tony has started looking at her in a new way and he emails her all the time. Could it be possible that he is starting to see her as more than his kid sister's best friend?

Tony knows Libby McKay is off limits. She's his sister's best friend for crying out loud! But she is also smart, funny, and seriously hot. Plus she's not afraid to get a little sweaty -- on the track that is. Tony can't seem to help himself, besides what's a few emails? The occasional phone call? He can keep things light and friendly -- Can't he?

This book was kind of adorable, and although kind of predictable, I enjoyed it much more than Her Best Friend's Brother. The characters were lovable and I enjoyed reading all about their adventures!

A Synopsis from GoodReads:
Her future's so bright, she's gotta wear shades.

Kate Jennings and Scott Murphy don't just play two people who are secretly in love on a television sitcom -- they are actually head over heels for each other in real life. When the lines between reality and TVland blur, they hope they can keep their relationship under wraps. But when Kat's grandmother, an eccentric star from Hollywood's golden age, mistakes their on-screen wedding proposal for the real deal, things begin to spiral out of control. Will their secret be front-page news in the tabloids? And can their budding romance survive the onslaught of paparazzi, wedding preparations, and misinformed family members?

From the soundstage to a Beverly Hills mansion to the gleaming Pacific Ocean, Stars Collide takes you on a roller coaster tour of Hollywood, packing both comedic punch and tender emotion.

What have you read in September?

Currently reading;

2 comments:

  1. I need to get back on top of my reading! I have had 2 library books sitting on my bedside table for the entire month, which luckily are not overdue YET! Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding all three to my booklist. I like something light and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post! I love getting to know you and hearing what you have to say!

 
site design by designer blogs