Okay, so maybe they bring May Flowers, but I'm over grey skies and damp mornings. I'd like to see a few more flowers before the next rain, but that doesn't look like it's gonna happen.
There are a few things that I do love about rainy days though. One happens to be curling up with a great book and not leaving my bed. That isn't a reality most days since 99% of the time I actually have real things to do (aka work).
When I do have to venture out of the house, I like to be fully prepared for a downpour, wind, and walking for way longer than necessary (or maybe that is just me being paranoid from having to walk across the drillfield during horizontal monsoons).
Here are my favorite picks to get rid of the rainy day blues;
Bright colored rain jacket from The North Face. Who couldn't resist a happy color like this!? I mean, it is called parisol pink. What could be better?
As much as I love my monogrammed Lilly Pulitzer umbrella, and it matches the pink theme here, I also kind of have an obsession with this one;
Obviously I keep this maroon and orange umbrella in my car! Vera Bradley never lets me down!
I really can't stand bulky rainboots. They just make me all hot and sticky and aggravated, so these Duck Shoes are perfect for keeping my tootsies dry! The little heel also helps my pants to not drag on the ground and get all gross. Another pet peeve of mine.
On a side note, when I googled "duck shoes" these sexy thangs came up. Maybe I should look into getting a pair.. but only if I can find them in pink
But really, who came up this these?
For days when my Duck Shoes just wont do the trick (like when I actually have to look presentable and wont have time to change my shoes), I'm thinking that I should invest in a pair of these rainy day flats from J. Crew.
Do any of y'all have these? Just curious about the fit.
What are your "Rainy Day" essentials?







It has been pouring here in the burg and I could use some of these! Well... except for the flipper heels hahaha.
ReplyDeleteThose flipper heels are just crazy! I have that North Face jacket in a bluish green color and love it! It's the perfect weight, and I love that it's cheery on a rainy day!
ReplyDelete