Saturday, July 7, 2012

A little update on life

I finally have a Saturday off and I was planning on having a super lazy day consisting of hanging out with my bathing suit, my kindle, and a large iced coffee. Then life happened.

Now I've got a full day planned, beginning with baking a TON of cookies for a BBQ, having lunch with my Grandmother, and too much food shopping with Daddy. A few other things thrown in there, and I'm just hoping to get 5 minutes outside.

This week has been pure insanity. Momma left to go on vacation (must be nice to have summers off as an adult) so I've been taking care of Daddy & the little bro, we got a new foster puppy, Maya (who needs to lose 40 lbs! Yikes!)


I spent he 4th of July at work but got to watch fireworks over the lake (wearing glow in the dark shorts, of course)


And, with temperatures hitting the high 90's each day, life without air conditioning is getting pretty old.
I just can't wait to finally get a day to do absolutely NOTHING!

Today is also a super special day for one of the most important men in my life;
It's my Poppop's birthday! This 'ol man is turning 89 (can you believe he is that old!? I can't -- he looks like he is about 70!)!! My Mom is lucky enough to be in Florida celebrating with him, but I will be sending my love (and some cookies) his way. I am so lucky to have such a great role model in my life (and to have someone who I get along with so well).

Happy Birthday, Pops!

What are your plans for this weekend!?

2 comments:

  1. I adore those Lilly shorts! I will FINALLYYY be spending the day on the boat which I am so very excited about. Now I feel like I need to go get an iced coffee :). Sounds like a busy busy day - hope you get some downtime soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet pup!! love your pics ( and the glowing shorts!! )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post! I love getting to know you and hearing what you have to say!

 
site design by designer blogs