Thursday, July 26, 2012

Summer Essentials -- Swimmies!

And no, I don't mean the kind that blow up and go around your arm.
I'm taking about cute little bathing suits.

The other day, in preparation of my trip to Hilton Head, I started going through all of my swimwear. I have only worn a bathing suit a handful of times this summer (how depressing!), and since I have lost weight, didn't realize that my collection was the definition of struggling. I have picked up a few pieces from my store, but two bathing suits are not going to be sufficient for a week at the beach.

Currently, the list of bathing suits that fit;

Keene Wire Bandeau from Lilly

Keene Bandeau in High Tide Toile from Lilly

And then I went to Lord & Taylor and picked up this ah-dorable bottom (with no image to be found anywhere, and me too lazy to get my camera out and take a picture, you'll have to keep this in your imagination) -- but there were no tops in my size that matched. Blasphemy. The colors are kind of weird, like a purple/coral/white print. Random, I know, but they're super cute.

Anyway, I couldn't find a matching top. After searching high and low, everywhere including Macy's, Target, Forever 21, Nordstrom, I finally found some cheap, cute suits.

They're from dELiAs.

Yeah, I'm in High School again.

But seriously, these swimsuits are CUTE!

Seriously. For like $35, this is really a steal. I am 100% obsessed with this print.

And they've got so many basics and solids to mix and match!
I mean, this isn't butt floss! PERFECT!

But seriously, y'all should check this out if you're having a hard time finding cute suits that match and actually cover all your lady parts.

Where do you find the perfect swimsuit without breaking the bank?
Anyone have some great ideas about coverups to go with these fabulous swimmies!?
Oh, and don't forget to enter my giveaway! It ends tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. That swimsuit from Delia's is adorable. I'll wear anything if it's cute...it doesn't matter where it's from! PS Congrats on the weight loss. That's awesome, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the weight loss - shopping(and the beach) is definitely the perfect celebration! I love those suits - I have a hard time finding ones that fit me too! As for a cover up, I'm a HUGE fan of tunics, especially the ones that look like men's dress shirts. I can usually find those at Target, etc.
    Have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the weight loss! I love all those suits, so cute! Target has some nice ones too plus they're really cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last year, I got REALLY lucky and bought TWO Victoria's Secret bathing suits for $50! Target and Old Navy are also great for mix & match pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post! I love getting to know you and hearing what you have to say!

 
site design by designer blogs