| North End Zone (aka student section) during the Orange Effect game last fall vs. ECU |
Today marks the beginning of inter-conference play for Virginia Tech.
We are taking on the Clemson Tigers, and to be honest, I'm nervous for this game. Clemson came into this season severely under estimated, and after beating Auburn and Florida State, they seem to be a powerhouse.
Now, that being said, I have full confidence that my Hokies can pull out a win. As I said a few weeks ago, my favorite tradition in Hokie football is the team entrance to "Enter Sandman" and Lane Stadium shakes. I think that every Hokie can tell you about their connection to Virginia Tech, and how special it is.
As I was watching some sports special on CBS this week, one reporter got the connection that we all feel to VT spot on;
CBS college football reporter, Bruce Feldman, when asked what was his favorite college football tradition: "I know this isn't an old one, but when they start playing Enter Sandman at Va. Tech and the Hokies come out, Lane Stadium rocks. I'm no metallica fan or anything like that but if you've ever been there for a big game and you think about the vibe in that place, you will start to get goose bumps thinking about football and the connection that place has with their team."
You've got that right, my friend.
| Thursday night game during my Senior year. |
With that said, GO HOKIES!
What connection do you have to your college/university?


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post! I love getting to know you and hearing what you have to say!