There are a few things that are first on my list when packing for a week at the beach.
Tommy Bahama for Nordstrom
A cute bathing suit.
(this one I picked up from Nordstrom after the bathing suit crisis of 2012 thanks to Delias ruining my original plan).
A floppy hat.
Preferably with a monogram. So what if I got the Navy and Pink one to match one of my bathing suits. Judge me all you want, it will save my shoulders and face from skin cancer.
Books. Lots and lots and lots of books. And trashy magazines. But mostly trashy chick lit. And now, thanks to my Kindle, I can save about half my suitcase for clothes instead of paperbacks. Currently on the "to-read" list;
Disengaged by Beth Orsoff
Her Best Friend's Brother by T.J. Dell
The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines (if you haven't read The Vincent Boys, you need to. NOW)
The Overnight Socialite by Bridie Clark
Is there anything else I should add to my list before I go?
Sunscreen, preferably dry oil. I hate how greasy normal oil feels and makes me get even sandier than normal, so this stuff is like a gift to all women.
Baby powder. This stuff gets the sand off no matter how much is stuck to you. It is always first in the beach bag! It is a miracle worker!
What are your beach essentials!?






A floppy hat is definitely a necessity. I had never heard that about baby powder before. I'll have to try it!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that swimsuit!
ReplyDelete