Saturday, August 18, 2012

{Guest Post} Sarah!

Hello! I'm Sarah from over at Simply Sarah and I am thrilled to be blogging for my fellow Hokie, Ashley, while she is on vacation! Of course, I'd rather be on vacation myself, but guesting blogging is almost just as fun ;)
 
Since it's already August (where did you go, summer?) I can't help but think of the upcoming school year. On the 27th, I'll be starting my senior year - I could not be more excited!
I will be sad to face my last football season as an undergraduate student, but I'll be happy to be moving on to more exciting things in life!
 
Here are my top back-to-school essentials!
 
Back to School

 
  Two of my favorite school outfits:
Skinny jeans, a simple top, cardigan and flats, loafers or sandals - this is a go-to outfit for class or my internship (but swap jeans for nice pants)! I agree with the motto dress well, test well :)
However, some days I can't pass up norts, a t-shirt and flip flops. I am dying to get a frat collection t-shirt - I just need to decide which one!
Some people are exclusively a "tote girl" or a "backpack girl" but I'm honestly both!
I love my Vera Bradley laptop backpack which I got last year and my North Face jester backpack that I've had since high school. However, if I have a short day or a test day, I usually carry a Longchamp or Boat Tote!
Other essentials for me include:
Sharpie pens: These are one of my favorite pens! I also love Staedtler pens.
Lilly Pulitzer agenda, wristlet & tumbler: My Lilly agenda is already filling up now that it's August! I love their large agendas -- last year I got the small to stay safe but there is NOT enough room to write! I carry my tumbler around filled with water! I definitely don't drink enough water, but when it's in my Lilly cup, I am more likely to drink it. Weird? Maybe. Oh well, it works!
New Essie nail polish: Nothing says "Hello, fall!" like a new shade of polish. This fall I'm probably going to get some more maroons, navys and magentas! I can't stray too far from my favorite: pink :)
My macbook & iPhone: One thing is for sure: I'm an Apple girl! Unfortunately I would severely struggle through a day without my iPhone or mac. I have the "old school" white macbook, but I love it. I hope (knock on wood) it never dies! I take most of my notes on my computer, unless a professor requests we leave them at home.
Chapsticks, glasses & notebooks: The everyday necessities. I love chapsticks because it easily slips into my pocket and/or chapstick keychain holder. The esos balm doesn't fit! I still love it though. I take my glasses with me in case a contact gets lost. I found these adorable notebooks at Target -- they will be perfect for short notes and to-do lists! There is another color/quote but I can't find it on their website! I am a notebook/post-it hoarder. They almost deserve their own post!
For those of you heading back to school, I wish you luck!
Remember - the sooner we start, the sooner we get these semesters over with, and the sooner it's summer once again ;)
Thank you, Ashley, for allowing me to guest post!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post! I love getting to know you and hearing what you have to say!

 
site design by designer blogs