Monday, August 27, 2012

Light Up The Night.

I have something to admit.
I am terrified of the dark.
It started when I was younger and would watch "Are You Afraid of The Dark" and there was an episode where someone was hiding under a girl's bed and as she got out of bed, he grabbed her ankles and pulled her into some scary place. I am not even kidding when I say that I still JUMP out of bed and back into bed when I get up in the middle of the night.

Up until recently, I just dealt with my fear and tried to not drink water before bed.
However, the last time my Grandfather came to visit, he left a nightlight in the bathroom.
Mind was blown when I realized that such a little sparkle of light could calm my fear of some monster under the bed.

What? A nightlight? Am I 5?
Yup.


This is the one that Pops left. I don't hate it, and I'm kind of glad that it isn't super bright. Just enough to get rid of those creepy thoughts.

However, I wouldn't hate if someone bought me this one for my room;

Is anyone else still terrified of Are You Afraid of the Dark, or is it just me?

4 comments:

  1. Life jinx! I am terrified of the dark. I leave the lamp on a dim setting almost every night until I absolutely have to turn it off (because I cannot sleep with any light- how ironic). We have a night light in the shape of the leg lamp from A Christmas Story haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely not the only one afraid of the dark. I can't sleep in a dark room by myself, especially if its a new or unknown place. I usually set the sleep timer on my TV in my room. I hadn't considered the idea of a night light because I'm 24, but it might not be a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahha I'm the same exact way! I use a nightlight too... it's totally fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have emergency lights all over the house since I'm fine to sleep in a dark room but walking around the house in the dark is a no go. Also I saw your feature on Sweet Tea Paperie's blog and wanted to let you know that I loved the feature!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post! I love getting to know you and hearing what you have to say!

 
site design by designer blogs