One of our family friends has a daughter who is a freshman at VT this year. She comes from a huge family, and has been texting back and forth with me, talking about how much she misses home. I took this opportunity to send out an AWESOME (if I do say so myself) package!
I got a pair of rain boots my Sophomore year just in time for football season, and they made it to at least one rainy game for the rest of my career at Tech. They were then passed to another Senior when I graduated, and now they're being passed to Kristie. I made her promise that once she is done with them, they will be passed along to another Hokie. They are maroon and orange houndstooth, and are just too cute! They originally came from Banana Republic but have made their way to a bunch of Hokie's feet :) (I can't find a picture of them since they're so old, but trust me, they're adorable!!)
These Blondies are my go-to for gifts, and this was no exception. The delicious combination of a chewy vanilla brownie, chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips are the perfect comfort food!!!
I also included my favorite tumblers!! They are dishwasher safe, and can even fit in a Koozie (which, by the way, she has a monogrammed one that I also gave her).
Since Kristie happens to be majoring in the same thing I did, I also included a note with my favorite/least favorite professors within the department! I remember it always being nice to have a little guidance when it came to picking professors!!
What are your favorite things to get in care packages? What is the best/worst thing you've gotten!?




Sisterhood of the traveling rainboots! ;) What a fun idea! I'm sure she was so excited when she got the care package
ReplyDelete