Saturday, August 27, 2011

{life} CVS: The Minute Clinic

Up until recently, my family had no health insurance. Actually, they still don't, but thanks to my fabulous full time job, I now do. However, as a result of the last 23 years of my life without health insurance, I have no Primary Care doctor, and am baffled as to where to even start to find one.

I have had problems with my ears for as long as I can remember, so I knew when I woke up on Tuesday morning and couldn't hear out of my right ear that there was a serious problem. I didn't have time to do research and make a commitment with a primary doctor, so I decided to try out the CVS Minute Clinic.


I was nervous going into this because I had heard some not so great things about walk in clinics these days, but I really had no other options. When I arrived, I checked in, and was greeted by the Nurse Practitioner. I only had to wait about 15 minutes for the person in front of me to get in and out, so I wandered around CVS (and bought some trashy magazines and Essie nail polish that was on sale!!) until it was my turn.

The personal attention that I received far exceeded my expectations. While many doctors' offices feel like factories these days, my FNP took an enormous amount of time getting to know me, and trying to figure out what was wrong. I felt so comfortable being there, I would consider going for all minor problems over trying to get in to a regular doctors' office. It was quick, simple, and painless. Even though my FNP had to refer me to an ENT for further tests (when she looked in my ears she said "wow, I've never seen anything like THAT before...), I would absolutely recommend these clinics to everyone I know! The best part is that if they have to prescribe you meds, you're already at CVS!!

Have any of you ever gone to one of these walk in clinics?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post! I love getting to know you and hearing what you have to say!

 
site design by designer blogs