Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wait.. There was an earthquake?

I walked into my room yesterday afternoon and noticed that my glass of water on my nightstand was slowly inching it's way towards the edge, and as it tumbled over, I figured that my air conditioner (yes, we still use those window units...) was frozen over and causing the ruckus.

Clearly that was not the case. But, let's be honest, I think that everybody freaking out about the whole ordeal is a little much. We did not have a huge tsunami that hit our shores causing thousands of deaths, and (to my knowledge) not a life was lost or injured. Are we overreacting a bit? I think yes.

However, I started to think about what would be the the few things that I would grab if a natural disaster were to evacuate me from my house? What is so important that I literally could not live without? Here are the 5 things I would grab before leaving (besides my family and dog of course).

Underwear. Seriously, I wouldn't be caught dead in dirty underwear. Maybe this crossed the line, but it would definitely be the first thing I would throw into an emergency bag.

Pictures. All of them. They can't be replaced.

My iPhone. My computer, bank account, camera, and obviously phone all in one. Another easy addition to my emergency bag.

Car Keys. I guess these would be necessary to get me out!!!

My quilt. If my house was burning down or flooding and I had to be couch-hopping, I would love to have a piece of home!!

Did any of y'all feel the earthquake? What would you grab first if you had to evacuate!?





1 comment:

  1. Good choices! I'd do the same thing with undies and my phone! :D I would need to bring my teddy Winston. Yes, I have a teddy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post! I love getting to know you and hearing what you have to say!

 
site design by designer blogs