Tuesday, August 16, 2011

{shopping} Downpours and Bargains

When I woke up yesterday, the sky was so dark I was convinced that it was still the middle of the night. Pretty soon after I got out of bed, I realized that my sound machine (yes, I enjoy sleeping with the sound of a babbling brook in the background) had turned off in the middle of the night, and the water noises I was hearing was actually rain. Mom and I had plans to take my brother shopping for some back to school stuff, and unfortunately, the outlets are outdoors. I broke out the rain jacket, my fave HOKIES baseball cap, boat shoes, and braved the torrential downpours.

My brother cleaned up well, picking up some great bargains! These included some Brooks Brothers long-sleeved T-shirts, a few RL Polos, a Vineyard Vines half-zip (for those of you who have never been to a VV outlet, find one IMMEDIATELY! It is seriously amazing), and brand new bedding for his room in the frat house!
His comforter -- we even bought matching sheets and towels (all for $140)!!

Even though we were shopping for him, I did not leave empty handed. In fact, I believe that I got the best deals of the day!

I picked up these Kate Spade flats for $67 (originally $220)

And this Ralph Lauren Madras quilt for $59.50 (and its a Queen size one, too)! When I took it out of the bag last night, I also realized that it is reversible! Score!!

Have you done your back to school shopping yet!? Even though I'm not going back to school this year, I am definitely glad that I took advantage of some great deals out there! What is on your wish list for the fall?



1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog & I love it! I'm obsessed with VV outlets too, just the other day I got a fleece vest for $35. Loving those Kate Spade flats too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post! I love getting to know you and hearing what you have to say!

 
site design by designer blogs