A pre-vacation ritual of mine is to get a mani/pedi with my Mom. I have recently discovered a place near my house that offers $25 mani/pedi all week long! We went yesterday before my shift at work, and between the foot massages, the aromatic lotions and laughing at the Rachael Ray show on tv, we entered vacation mode. Mom and I always have competitions over who will get the brightest color on their little toes, and I won today. I've stuck with various shades of pink all summer, and decided that a color resembling an orange highlighter would be more than appropriate for my upcoming trip.
I can't quite handle a color that bright on my fingers, so I settled for Essie's "Tangerine" so that I would match, but not blind myself every time I looked at it!
Now that I am completely on "vacation time," we'll see how my 8 hour shift at work today goes. Wish me luck!
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I always stick to pinks or reds on my toes too! I like your change though :)
ReplyDeletehttp://carolinaonmymind1223.blogspot.com/
Heh, I used to NEVER do anything except a red...because of Essie I have their Turquoise & Caicos shade on my toes. I love being a little adventurous on my feet.
ReplyDeleteI always got so nervous to do something different, but Essie just has so many freaking choices, it's hard to pick just one (or two!)
ReplyDelete