It's no secret that I'm itching to move out of my parents' house.
I love them with all my heart, I really do, but it's time.
My future roomie and I have been researching tons of places, looking around for tons of fun stuff to decorate with, and obviously using Pinterest to get millions of ideas for all of the above.
There is no doubt that everything about our future apartment will be preppy to the max.
We both work at Lilly, and I can be sure that half of our home goods will be printed in pink and green. For everything that Lilly doesn't make, these will have to do;
A cheap glass jar or bowl filled with spray painted beads. Pink and Green, anyone?
I saw this on Sarah's blog and fell in love! Cute, nautical shower curtains are expensive, and I would love to do this in Navy and White stripes, or Red and White stripes (maybe with a little anchor at the bottom!?)!
I must have over 200 shirts from college. There are bins in my closet, each dedicated to maroon t-shirts, orange t-shirts, sorority shirts, fraternity shirts, etc. Instead of going out to buy throw blankets, I really need to just make one of these! Now, I just have to find the time to actually make it.
These candles would add just the right amount of sparkle to a kitchen or dining room table. I could find cheap candles at Michael's, and God knows I own too much glitter already!
I have seen this "subway" art before, but this website had an even better idea. She wrapped the canvas in a printed fabric, so that the words were bright and colorful! I would love to write my favorite quotes and hang them all over the place!!
What DIY projects have you done to decorate your apartment?
Where have you found your ideas?







I love these ideas!
ReplyDeletethese are so adorable! I just LOVE crafting it was my favorite thing about big/little etc.. I am dying over the beads in the jar and the glitter candles I might have to steal some of these from you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking to my post!!! I was super easy to make the curtain and I love your nautical idea to switch it up a bit!! If you try it out def let me know :) xo
ReplyDelete