After a few rough weeks of just ridiculous things happening at work, I decided that there were a few things that I thought I should share some things that my job has taught me.
Always be courteous to the sales associates while you're shopping. These people probably don't want to be just standing around, and a smile really makes a difference.
Never be talking on your cell phone when you are being rung up. It is awkward, uncomfortable, and rude. I promise your conversation can wait.
Ask questions. Sales associates are there to help. We are BORED without customers, and we want to help.
Always leave your unwanted clothing either in the fitting room, or on the go-back bar. Don't try to put it away yourself, it is really easier if the sales associates do it. I promise.
Don't go shopping with less than 30 minutes until the store closes. Not only will you not have enough time to shop, but chances are, the service will not be as fabulous while people are trying to close up shop.
Be sure that if you are questionable about your decision to keep whatever merchandise that you are going to buy, read and inquire about the return policy. Most of the time, rules can't be bent, and you're out of luck if you wait until after the designated time period.
Above all else, be nice. I have had some m.e.a.n people that I've had to deal with this week.
Let's hope for a better weekend (and that maybe some of my mean customers are reading this and decide to change their attitudes before shopping)!
What valuable life lessons has your job taught you?


I agree with all of these. I worked in retail for 2 years. Rude customers always made for pretty awful days. Also, I wasn't fond of people who came in right before the store closed. That's one thing that I definitely won't do now as a customer. Employees are just wanting to close up and go home, and it really prolongs the process when customers take their sweet time right when the store's closing. Hope your week is better!
ReplyDeletetotally agree with all of these. i worked retail for a short time, but i don't think you need to work retail to know some of these things. people can be so rude!
ReplyDeleteI work retail now-serve smoothies and health products. I know exactly what you mean!!
ReplyDelete