On this extra day of the year, what are you doing to make it count?
What are you doing to make it special?
This past Sunday, one of my sorority sisters passed away from Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
She was one of my "babies" when I was pledge Mom, and was truly an inspiration to the chapter. Her charisma and passion for life was contagious, and her down to earth personality was beautiful.
Megan's passing made me realize that life is too short to take advantage of.
On this extra day of the year, I am determined to make it special, in honor of Megan. Yes, I will get up, and go to work like any normal day, but I am pledging to be nicer. To have more patience. To spend an extra hour with my family. To give my Grandfather a call. To catch up with my best friend.
So, what are you going to do to make today stand out from the rest?



I am so sorry to here about your sister, and sometimes it does take something so terrible like her passing to remind us of what really matters. You reminded me to not only remember to call my parents from college, but also my grandparents they brighten my life so much and I take them so for granted. I hope your "extra day" was everything you meant it to be, and I'm sure you brightened so many people's lives today with your positivity!
ReplyDeletexo