Monday, November 21, 2011

Best Weekend Ever.

And by best weekend ever, I mean I had the best trip ever to Blacksburg from Wednesday-Saturday.
But really, why can't I be a college student again?
I had a blast visiting my old roommate and her husband, and then road tripping with her to Blacksburg for the game. Even though we had some slight issues (NoVa traffic blows), we finally got into town, stopped for food and tailgating supplies, and headed to campus. It was absolutely FREEZING (I'm talking 20 degrees with the windchill), but it was so wonderful to catch up with my best friends!

Mal and I at the tailgate (while it was still somewhat warm from the sun)

We're basically sisters.

After a few hours of tailgating, we made the "pilgrimage" to Lane Stadium! I love screaming LET'S GO and having tons of other fans scream HOKIES! That place makes me feel so at home, and I miss it every single day!

Luckily, the Hokies pulled out a win (and thanks to the total chaos of Saturday, have moved up to the #5 spot in the country!!), and we left happy and numb. My poor little toes were so squished in my boots that I couldn't wear closed toed shoes all weekend long!

Friday morning we walked around campus, went to our favorite breakfast spot, Gillies, and then did a little shopping at the bookstore! After lunch at my fave dining hall (you wouldn't believe how much I miss that food), we headed back to Maryland. The 4 hour drive ended up taking almost 7, and I could not have been more excited to get back there and just go to bed!

How was your weekend?

PS- I've noticed a ton of new followers recently! I'm so excited, but Blogger doesn't make it easy to figure out who y'all are! I'd love to get to know you, so leave a comment and introduce yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I'm so jealous you went to Blacksburg! I miss it there soo much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post! I love getting to know you and hearing what you have to say!

 
site design by designer blogs