The book.
I have gotten into a reading kick lately, and have been plowing through books. I read The Help in less than a week, and finished One Fifth Ave only a few days later. What can I say, I'm a huge nerd and just can't get enough reading time.
During the power outage the last few nights (in between rounds of Scattergories and bottles of wine) I finished yet another book. Commencement is a story following the lives of four girls who met during their Freshman year at Smith College. It is written in flashbacks and chronicles their lives throughout the first few years out of college. Each of them are so different, yet their differences are what draws them to each other.
While I definitely wouldn't say that I couldn't put the book down, it was definitely relatable to most girls who are recent college grads. We can relate to the struggles of keeping in touch with one another, while trying to make a life of our own. It is crazy to think of how close we grow to our friends during our years at school, and suddenly, graduation comes, and we scatter around the country. We never know who we are going to see again, who we will keep in touch with, and if some of our "acquaintances" in college will all of a sudden become our best friends. I would definitely recommend this read for any of you who are in a similar position. It is a feel good book, and a quick read.
What books would y'all recommend? I'm always looking for suggestions!



This sounds like a cute book! I just ordered How to be a Hepburn in a Hilton World! I bet you would love it!
ReplyDelete