Friday, January 27, 2012

Recipe Alert!

Happy Friday!
For most of you, Friday marks the end of the work week.
For me, the week is pretty much just beginning. We are receiving over a thousand units of Spring merchandise in our store, so I know I will be working my little butt off today!

A few nights ago for dinner, I made a delicious Cheeseburger Pie.
Lucky for me, I divided up the leftovers, and hid a tupperware container in the back of the fridge so that I could bring some of this delicious meal with me to keep some of my sanity. I also whipped up a batch of Red Velvet Cupcakes with the help of the Sprinkles cupcake mix I received for my birthday! I'm thinking that caffeine and cupcakes are going to get me through this long day, so I wanted to share the recipes with you!

Cheeseburger Pie

What you'll need:
1 lb ground beef (or turkey). 1 cup chopped onion. 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese. 1/3 cup milk. 1/2 cup bisquik mix. 1 egg.

How you'll make it:
Preheat oven to 400º. Cook the ground beef, with the cup of onion and drain grease when all the pink is gone. Place beef/onion mix into a pie pan. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top of the beef. In a separate bowl, mix the milk, egg, and bisquik mix. Pour on top of the cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the top is crispy and golden brown.

So the cupcake might have come from a boxed mix, but the buttercream icing came from the class I took a few weeks ago on frosting! It is seriously delicious (and if you add some cinnamon to it, it tastes just like a sticky bun!)!

Easy Buttercream Icing

What you'll need:
8 oz. Cream Cheese. 1 stick butter, softened. 3 cups sifted confectioners sugar. 3 tbs vanilla icing.

How you'll make it:
In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and creamy (about 3 minutes). Sift confectioners sugar into mixture about 1/2 cup at a time, making sure that it is incorporated before adding more. Add vanilla.

Hope y'all have a great Friday and your weekend is off to a great start!

3 comments:

  1. I love cheeseburger pie! I haven't had it in quite awhile though. The cupcake looks yummy too! Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks to.die.for!
    You are just the best!
    Can't wait to see your "picks" of the new Lilly digs! I am sooooo getting Spring Fever!

    Love and Hugs,
    Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madam Spoiled

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post! I love getting to know you and hearing what you have to say!

 
site design by designer blogs