I can't be the only one who gets super dry skin, awful little cracks and ridiculously dry cuticles.
I certainly don't have the income to be running off to get my nails done every week, so I have had to come up with a few little diy tricks of my own to keep my hands somewhat moisturized (and not as painful).
I probably have 5 bottles of this all around my house, and a few small ones in my purse. The non-sticky formula makes it perfect to be constantly putting on, since you don't have to worry about waiting for it to "dry" before you touch anything! And it smells wonderful!
Essie Cuticle Oil helps a lot! And this one doesn't smell like an icky nail salon!! I will try to put it on every couple of days, or when I notice that my cuticles are really struggling. I have also found that Amazon has cheaper prices on Essie products than you can find in the store, so I usually load up on one big order with this stuff and the polish every few months!
I also find that using lighter colors on my nails helps to mask the dry skin. You don't notice it as much as you do with bright, bold colors! Usually, Ballet Slippers is my "go-to" color year round, but Santa left East Hampton Cottage in my stocking this year which is my new fave! It has a little shimmer, but the pastel pink is still perfect for the winter!
What tips & tricks do you have to keep your hands from cracking during the winter?
Any favorite colors that you keep on all season?
What tips & tricks do you have to keep your hands from cracking during the winter?
Any favorite colors that you keep on all season?





My poor hands are ONE.HOT.MESS!
ReplyDeleteI use to old white gloves at night with Burt's Beeeeez hand and cuticle lotion. My best solution is summer break...not one split in my fingertips occurs while soaking up the sunscreen at the beach or pool~side! I think this is a sign that I need to be on PERMANENT summer vacay! hahaha
I am hittin' Tar~Jay to get me some Essie TO~day! Great tips girly, thanks!
Love and Hugs,
Mrs. Kindergarten
I love that Vaseline lotion, too! I have the exact same one. It's awesome! Thanks for sharing about the cuticle oil! I wouldn't have thought to look for that!
ReplyDeleteI really must try the cuticle oil. My poor cuticles can look pretty bad at times. I also have the Ballet Slippers color. I love it!
ReplyDeleteI definitely need to try that Essie cuticle oil. Mine are sometimes so dry. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete