Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sleep Like a Dream

A few weeks ago, I started to have a really hard time sleeping through the night and seemed to be waking up every 45 minutes. This did not make for a pleasant Ashley. I was cranky, exhausted, and just a plain old bey-otch. I definitely would not have hung out with me.

Then, my parents let me borrow their "Sound Machine."
Life changed.

I honestly thought that falling asleep to a "babbling brook" would just make me have to run to the bathroom every hour, but I've done just the opposite. I have slept like a little baby! I'm in bed by 10, passed out by 1030, and do not wake up until my little internal alarm clock gets me up around 7.

I wish that I had tried one of these beauties earlier, and I'm definitely grateful to have it now!

Have any of y'all ever tried one of these?
Please tell me that I'm not the only one under the age of 50 using one!

5 comments:

  1. I don't use that but I have to have a whole bunch of fans going... without that noise I can't sleep at all!

    I use to have a humidifier going that was super loud and I loved that too!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried one of those, but my boyfriend listens to Rainforest Sounds radio before going to bed. He likes it but I can't get on board lol

    I've nominated your blog for an award here:
    http://keepinupwithcoral.blogspot.com/2012/05/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great that it worked for you! I think I may need one with the Ocean in the background! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds wonderful! I honestly don't have one, but for the longest time (before I got married) I fell asleep to classical music. It's so soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an app on my phone called Sleep Stream that I use to fall asleep! My phone charges on the nightstand next to me and plays a variety of different wave sounds, I can also set a timer on it - seriously such a life saver and I'm 20! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post! I love getting to know you and hearing what you have to say!

 
site design by designer blogs