Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Top 5 Tuesday!


Linking up with Rachel for Top 5 Tuesday.. mostly because it is raining and icky outside and this week's theme is "Best Things About Summer" so naturally I need this to cheer me up today!

1. The warm weather; I have really (like really) enjoyed running outside recently, and I have found that if I don't start my day grinding a little pavement, I just feel "off" for the rest of it. Yesterday it was in the 30s when I ran (my fingers were numb for hours afterwards) and today it is raining (hard). I can't wait for constant sunshine and temps in the 60s in the morning!!

2. Summer concerts;
Last year -- Blake Shelton & Brad Paisley

This year is Lady Antebellum/Darius Rucker/Thompson Square and Luke Bryan/Jason Aldean! I love tailgating and spending time with my family (and obviously singing my heart out to my favorite songs). Outdoor concerts are my fave, and since we stopped seeing Jimmy Buffett a few years ago (not by choice, tickets are so dang expensive and sell out SO quickly), we have tried to see a different person/band each summer! So excited to cross these lovely people off my Country Music Bucket List!

3. Hilton Head Island; We have been traveling here since before I was born, and this place is like a 2nd home. Each year we rent a house on the same street with our family friends and engage in a week-long beach/drink/grill-fest. It is SO much fun!
Our house last year!

And the most important place at the house; the ENORMOUS pool! Oh, and of course the screened in gazebo to the left that is unattached from the house. Perfect for late night drinking and chatting!

4. Summer weddings; We are officially entering wedding season and I LOVE IT! Yeah, my bank account doesn't love it so much, but weddings are 'da bomb and I have quite a few to attend in the next few months!

5. Clothing; I could wear shorts and a t-shirt e.v.e.r.y d.a.y and I love that I can get away with it from May-August! Oye, good thing I've loaded up on Callahan shorts to wear to work this summer!

What are your favorite things about summer?


4 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley! Found your blog through the link-up today. :) Concerts were definitely on my list too. My very favorite thing about summer is outdoor concerts. Such perfect Southern summer nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. exciting!! sounds like a great summer!

    i saw lady a/darius/thompson this past march when they were in my city. what a great show!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house you stayed in last year looks amazing! A visit to Hilton Head Island is now on my bucket list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen for summer country concerts!!! Trying to organize my budget around tickets to Rascal Flatts and Jason Aldean in VA Beach this summer! I cannot wait!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post! I love getting to know you and hearing what you have to say!

 
site design by designer blogs