Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Classics.

There is no doubt in my mind that happy Christmas movies are the one thing that will guarantee to get me in the Christmas spirit almost immediately. There is something so magical about Santa and all of the traditions surrounding him that make these movies so special.


My all time favorite Christmas movie is Elf. My Mom and I actually ran into Will Ferrell in a stationery store in NYC on Black Friday right after the movie came out. I wish that I had tried to get an autograph, orrrrr had realized how obsessed with the movie I would become. We could have quoted it together and become BFFs. Hey, a girl can dream, right? Recently, my boss and I have contemplated the repercussions of answering the store phone by saying, "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?" Unfortunately, we don't think everyone would be quite as amused as we are. Dang.

Remember when DisneyChannel used to come out with a new movie every month?? Well, besides Brink, Zenon; Girl of the 21st Century, and SmartHouse, this one was definitely one of my favorites! I may or may not have the DVR set to record it so that I can watch it this weekend. Does anyone else remember this epic awesome movie??

This is just a classic, and while only a half hour long, I could watch it on repeat for days. I probably know almost all the words, and just love Cindy Lou Who. But really, Max is probably the cutest thing in the entire world, and it makes my heart melt when the Grinch's heart grows at the end!!

My Mom has read my brother and I The Polar Express book on Christmas Eve every year since we were teeny little Santa fanatics. This book still warms my heart, and the movie makes me cry every time. Something about the ringing of the bell from Santa's sleigh is so magical and innocent, it gets me every time!

What are some of your favorite Christmas movies?
I am probably forgetting half of my holiday movie stash, but these are definitely the staples!!

2 comments:

  1. Elf is one of my faves too! JP and I got our dog right after Christmas 3 years ago and ended up naming him Buddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Grinch is one of my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post! I love getting to know you and hearing what you have to say!

 
site design by designer blogs